The collection contains exhibits from the 17th century to the 1960s. It comprises 466 items of seals. They could be subdivided into several groups:
Seals of state institutions and offices such as: A seal with the Coat of Arms of the Principality of Bulgaria that dates from the 1990s, a seal of the Chancellery of the Bulgarian Orders (the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century), a seal of the city of Gabrovo (1879), a seal of the Chamber of the People’s Culture of the Kingdom of Bulgaria (the 1940s), a seal of the Bulgarian Diplomatic Mission in Budapest (the end of the 19th century), a seal of the Bulgarian Legation in Rome (the beginning of the 20th century), and others. The collection also includes seals of various military forces of the Bulgarian army.
Seals of schools and chitalishta (cultural centres) as well as cultural institutions: Seal of the Brothers Evlogiy and Hristo Georgievi Board of Trustees (the end of the 19th century), seals of the National Theatre and the National Opera (the 1930s – 1940s), seal of the Kremona Music House in the town of Kazanlak (the beginning of the 20th century), and others.
Seals connected with the activities of the Bulgarian Exarchate at the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century in Istanbul, Macedonia and in the Aegean Thrace: Seals of Exarch Yosif I, the Ohrid Metropolitan Bishop Boris (1883), the Veles Metropolitan Bishop Miletiy (1908), as well as seals of Bulgarian municipalities, schools and churches.
Personal seals of eminent Bulgarians: Seals of the diplomats Nikola Rizov and Dimitri Stancioff, seals of the historians Petar Nikov and Vasil Zlatarski, seals of Knaginya (Princess) Marie – Louise of Parma and of General Nikifor Nikiforov, seals of monks (the 19th century) as well as personal seals of Muslims (predominantly from the 18th and the 19th century).
Seals connected with the activities of the Communist Party in Bulgaria before and after the 9th of September, 1944: Seals of party groups and organizations from various Bulgarian towns and villages, partizans’ (guerrillas’) seals, seals of local organizations of the Union of the Fighters against Fascism, fake Police seals that were used by the Partizan (Guerrilla) detachment of Slavcho Transki, and others.